Thursday, June 01, 2006

Rush Limbaugh off his game without OxyContin?

I'm not a regular listener, but I actually sort of like Rush Limbaugh's radio program. He sure can talk! But Rush Limbaugh getting verbally trounced by a left-wing blogger who somehow made it past the show's screeners--now that's good radio. El Rushbo doesn't engage with the caller's anti-war questions at all, and still he gets reduced to word salad:
I don’t have to address anything. I will address things on my own time in my own way, but I am not going to allow some low-life to put me on the defensive and make me assume the position of defending a position that I don’t even know is true based on just your simple assertion.
I think the first rule of political debate is if you say "I'm not going to go on the defensive," you are on the defensive... (h/t ThinkProgress)

4 comments:

haahnster said...

First we have Sammy Sosa failing to succeed without juicing it up. Now, Rush is slipping without his painkillers...

When will the unfair persecution of performance-enhancing drug users ever end?!

Little Gordie said...

Having actually liked Rush Limbaugh when I was growing up (my political migration having occurred sometime between my sophomore and senior years in high school), I have difficulty stomaching him these days. Same for O'Reilly and the rest. I have a hard time laughing, because I know what it's like be on their side, and I know what would be helpful for listeners to hear from their opponents... and I'm not sure this is it.

My favorite Rush Limbaugh quotation ever:

"Even if the polar icecaps melted, there would be no rise in ocean levels ... After all, if you take a glass of water with ice cubes in it, as the ice melts, it simply turns to liquid and the water level in the glass remains the same."

Pointing to the asinine things he says, and taking point-by-point pot shots would be more helpful than timidly reading from an obviously prepared statement...

Rob said...

To me Limbaugh & O'Reilly are good broadcasters--lively, interesting, good cadence, good flow. I disagree with them on almost every point, they distort, elide or just throw up preposterous arguments like the one you quote. But they are not boring!

The people I do think are boring & terrible as broadcasters are the Sean Hannitys and John Gibsons, those guys are pieces of shit. Their on-air personas just aren't interesting, and their talking points are too predictable. (O'Reilly may be a bully, but his views can be weirdly unorthodox...)

I don't know if this clip will change any Limbaugh listeners' minds, but I like that there is someone out there who spends his days piercing the ideological filter of these shows' call-screeners...

Oxycontin Side Effects said...

My name is Kurt Fischer and i would like to show you my personal experience with Oxycontin.

I have taken for 2 years. I am 27 years old. I took percecet 10 mg 4 times a day and they helped but gave me massive mindgrains so I switched to oxycotin which I think is a better long term drug. Oxycontin doesnt have a coming down experience you stay feeling good the whole day. The only bad thing about it is getting off it, I just resestly got off it 3 days ago and had very bad withdrawl symptoms even with help of a "junkie" medication.

I hope this information will be useful to others,
Kurt Fischer