Sunday, January 27, 2008

I take back everything I said about South Carolina




  • A stinging rebuke of the garbage politics of the Clintons
  • No such thing as the Bradley Effect (white support more than double their poll numbers)
  • Another bomb ass victory speech

    If there's no bump after this trouncing, momentum really is dead.
  • 7 comments:

    Rob said...

    Clinton campaign to "try to shift the former president back into the sunnier, supportive-spouse role that he played before Mrs. Clinton's loss in the Iowa caucuses."

    ...Because it worked so well there!

    Saxdrop said...

    I concur.

    the cold cowboy said...

    ted kennedy's endorsement is a big one, but pales in comparison to al gore's.

    if he's going to endorse, now would be the week.

    haahnster said...

    Hillary is pulling another coup d'etat in Florida (a la Michigan), despite all earlier pledges not to campaign in the sunshine state. As she claims another "victory" after the Florida vote, she will likely be offsetting any Obama bump from South Carolina. Especially given her continuing lead in national polls.

    Sorry, folks. I'm receding back to the Hillary-is-inevitable position. Why not? I've settled in every other damn Prez election of my life. Obama, PLEASE prove me wrong...

    the cold cowboy said...

    Come on, Obama Claus: empty out that Hopesack.

    Saxdrop said...

    I know everyone keeps saying the Ted Kennedy endorsement is big news, but do people actually still listen to him? I mean apart from the fact that endorsements probably dont mean that much to most voters anyway, hasnt Teddy become a pariah yet?

    Far be it for me to unapologetically rip on liberals, but did the deaths of Moynihan and Wellstone leave NO ONE ELSE to be the standard-bearer of the left?

    Rob said...

    Well, there's Bill Clinton...oh, wait...

    And of course Al Gore, as discussed. Who else qualifies?

    I do think the key thing about the Kennedy endorsement is the Latino/working-class-Democrat factor. Cost of information says those people probably pay attention to endorsements the most. And Obama needs to make inroads with both.