Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Old Man and the "B"

So as I'm reading the early AP stories about Barry's run with Biden, I come across the usual blather about other short-listers -- Sibelius, yadda yadda, Bayh, yadda yadda, Kaine....Chet Edwards!??

Apparently I wasn't the only one who had this reaction. Drudge linked to another story with the teaser "Chet?" Am I the only one who missed this name? CNN has this line in their Veep story: "This month, House Speaker Nancy Pelosi touted Edwards as a dark horse contender for the No. 2 spot on the ticket."

Really? Where was I? Man, not having a TV is really making me feel out of the loop. I mean, did his name even show up at Wonkette? If not then this is some seriously deep cover shit.

1 comment:

Rob said...

You know, I heard of this a little bit and didn't know who these people were talking about, either. The idea seems to have emerged from Speaker Pelosi's office, so I guess she was trying to raise Edwards's stock for whatever reason. I mean, I couldn't pick the guy out of a lineup, but who knows, maybe he's a future Dem star...