Sunday, November 23, 2008

British judges go home!

Kool Keith on Simon Cowell:
The A.V. Club: What's your beef with Simon Cowell?

Kool Keith: I think for one guy to sit up and judge people and for him to be British at that—who the fuck is he to judge people? To come to America and try to judge people? I think Simon needs to get the fuck out the set and give it to someone else. Paula Abdul used to be an artist, choreographer, dancer, she needs to go back to that. I don't want her judging talent at all. Randy Jackson, he's cool, he's a buddy of mine. Let Randy be. Simon needs to get the fuck out of here and go somewhere. What is Simon's qualifications? I'm trying to figure it out. That guy wears a black shirt with a gay haircut, and he's going to walk around and judge people? I don't understand it. That show is full of bullshit. I'd respect it if they had an American artist doing the shit.
I completely agree, naturally. But isn't Kool Keith a bit behind the cultural curve here? I would think the time to start beef with Simon Cowell would have been 2003 or 2004. If it's the British thing that bothers him, Keith could have gone after that judge on Dancing with the Stars anytime in the past few years.

Today, I think the person to go after would be Dr. Drew for his bullshit celebrity rehab advice and, obviously, his gay haircut.

2 comments:

candycanesammy said...

that funny, but even funnier is his insistence that he was the first rapper to wear his hat to the side.

still a comic genius.

Rob said...

Most rappers wear their hat straightforward. But not Keith!