Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A few quick Blago links before bed

  • On Countdown with Keith Olbermann tonight, supposed Illinois native Jonathan Alter referred to "ee-MEEL" Jones as the possible identity of "Senate Candidate 5." But we all know it is "EE-mil."

  • None of you people joined my proposed betting pool on Blagojevich's indictment day! Therefore I declare myself and my guess of "April" to be the winner. And I win the fabulous prize of $1 million that I put into the pool, and I'm keeping it all for myself and none of you can have any of it, so don't ask.

  • Two views of why this is going to be a headache for Obama even if he wasn't involved, from Time and from Politico. Kevin Drum guesses differently:
    I think Obama will be so open about this, and so obviously uninvolved, that it won't cause him any pain whatsoever. It's an Illinois story, not an Obama story.
  • Probably a good time to revisit these "Rod Blagojevich facts":
    When Rod Blagojevich jumps in the water, Rod Blagojevich doesn't get wet. Water gets dishonest and incompetent.
  • And this Wonkette narrative of the complaint is pretty hysterical.

5 comments:

Kirsten said...

The literary humor that has emerged - fast - is pretty great too. the David Mamet screenplay on Salon is great http://www.salon.com/opinion/feature/2008/12/10/mamet/
and this quiz over "who said it, Blago or Tony Soprano?" is also fantastic. http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2008-12-09/who-allegedly-said-it/
This is just Shakespearean! =)

Rob said...

Good stuff. The Mamet play is especially funny to me...

the cold cowboy said...

It's Jackson.

Rob said...

You were right, I was wrong. It's Jackson.

stridewideman said...

And what a goddamn shiner for the old race politicos in Chicago. For a group of people who inherit Harold Washington's mantle, having a yong lion trying to buy a Senate seat, particularly from sleaze like Blago, has to be galling.