- On Countdown with Keith Olbermann tonight, supposed Illinois native Jonathan Alter referred to "ee-MEEL" Jones as the possible identity of "Senate Candidate 5." But we all know it is "EE-mil."
- None of you people joined my proposed betting pool on Blagojevich's indictment day! Therefore I declare myself and my guess of "April" to be the winner. And I win the fabulous prize of $1 million that I put into the pool, and I'm keeping it all for myself and none of you can have any of it, so don't ask.
- Two views of why this is going to be a headache for Obama even if he wasn't involved, from Time and from Politico. Kevin Drum guesses differently:
I think Obama will be so open about this, and so obviously uninvolved, that it won't cause him any pain whatsoever. It's an Illinois story, not an Obama story.
- Probably a good time to revisit these "Rod Blagojevich facts":
When Rod Blagojevich jumps in the water, Rod Blagojevich doesn't get wet. Water gets dishonest and incompetent.
- And this Wonkette narrative of the complaint is pretty hysterical.