Monday, February 02, 2009

Keeping an eye on things

My colleague and Apple-products maven Jerry Brito recently launched, along with some volunteer developers, Stimulus Watch.

Hoping to harness the power of crowd-sourcing:
StimulusWatch.org was built to to help the new administration keep its pledge to invest stimulus money smartly, and to hold public officials to account for the taxpayer money they spend. We do this by allowing you, citizens around the country with local knowledge about the proposed "shovel-ready" projects in your city, to find, discuss and rate those projects.
Its a very slick, but spartan, design and based on the number of votes they've tallied after only one day, I this this site might really catch on.

2 comments:

Rob said...

This is a great idea and a pretty easy to use site. I think I may steal this link for my other blog this week...

Saxdrop said...

UPDATE: The site was mentioned on NPR this morning about transparency in the new administration.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=100239199

I havent checked the site recently, but I assume this would have driven up traffic, which of course the site depends on to be useful.