Wednesday, February 04, 2009

Lil Wayne is back on my stereo

"Weezy F. Baby and the 'F' is for phenomenal."

Did he ever leave? Kind of. I was just telling Dino, I stopped following all the Wayne mixtapes around the time Tha Carter III came out. Because, who could keep up?

But now I am wondering what I missed. Have they all been great, or is this one a return to form? I mean even the weird heavy metal songs and ballads are kind of mesmerizing.

Also, is that a didgeridoo sample on "Yes"? I believe it is.

2 comments:

Trey Stone said...

i haven't been following his mixtapes either, other than "Dedication 3," which was mostly forgettable (and more like a Young Money crew album than anything) and i'm pretty sure the last official one he put out. but judging from his guest verses post-C3 he's sounded kinda lazy. 'specially given that i think he murdered almost every song on that album.

i like his flow on "Yes" though, even though i wanna hear dude over a proper Pharrell/Neptunes beat (that old "Grindin'" remix doesn't count.) that beat's like Pharrell had one good idea and stopped there

Rob said...

You have a point about the "Yes" beat but I still like it. Two Pharrell tracks on this mixtape, maybe there will be some proper Wayne/Neptunes collabos coming.

Speaking of, what do you make of Pharrell's pretend-redneck accent for "Ay Man"? I don't even know what to say about that...