Saturday, April 11, 2009

Big Boi speaks on Sir Luscious Left Foot

Big Boi of Outkast talks about the 2009 album I am most excited about, the excellently titled solo effort Sir Luscious Left Foot, Son of Chico Dusty:

One of my favorite parts, about five minutes in:
Q. Speak about putting social messages in your music.

A. That's one thing we all learned coming up in the Dungeon (Family). It's good to entertain, but if you can educate a little bit at the same time, man, that goes a whole lot further. You ain't gotta be no preacher, father figure, tough guy, nothing like that. I mean, I'm cool as a motherfucker. You know what I'm saying? I like to have fun, I'm cool like the next man. I don't want to preach to nobody, nothing like that. But if it's something that needs to be said, I'm going to say it, because I'd be a sucker if I don't speak my mind.
Yeah!

Also, did he say he's got 40-some songs?

(via h.e.r.)

No comments: