Monday, May 04, 2009

Wayne Coyne disappointingly backs off his Arcade Fire diss


He didn't really mean it:
I wish that had never happened. I didn’t necessarily mean it about the people in the Arcade Fire. I meant it about the guys that were running their stages at a couple of festivals. I wish whatever had been said wouldn’t have been taken as such a defiant statement from the Flaming Lips, because it wasn’t.
I take his point about it being a "statement from the Flaming Lips" -- I think it was just Wayne Coyne, a talkative guy who had an opinion and said his opinion. ... But who believes that Coyne was actually talking about "the guys that were running their stages at a couple of festivals"? Not me!

Previously: Win Butler is so missing Wayne Coyne's point

1 comment:

Saxdrop said...

Oh man! And Butler gets to stand by his retort. Poor showing Wayne!