Thursday, June 25, 2009

R.I.P. King of Pop Pt. II

I posted a bunch of videos to my other blog when I heard the news. But a few more can't hurt:
"I Want You Back" by the Jackson 5:


Rock with You:


P.Y.T.:


Also thinking tonight about this old Jacob Weisberg piece in Slate from soon after Jackson's acquittal, which dared to make the case -- persuasively -- that MJ was not a pedophile.

And, worth revisiting Rhymefest's album of MJ tributes, including the pretty funny simulated interstitial conversations with Michael. Certainly the best thing Rhymefest has ever done. MOST RECOMMENDED: Track 9, with a sample of Jackson 5-era Michael singing "Ain't No Sunshine."

UPDATE [6/26 12:13am] ... In fact here's the original of that version of "Ain't No Sunshine":

1 comment:

Saxdrop said...

I'm gonna have to agree with Tyler and say "I Want You Back" may be one of the greatest songs ever.