Friday, January 01, 2010

New Year's Resolutions, 2009

One decade ago, on NYE 1999, as the clock struck 12 a.m. I was running down the street at full speed with my friends Mike Perillo, Bob Alstrum-Acevedo and Bryan Preston. I am scheduling this post in advance, and I am hoping to be doing exactly the same thing, with new friends.

10. Learn a lot about tax policy, in reasonably fine detail
9. Read more books
8. Drink less alcohol
7. Get more freelance work
6. Make more audio stories**
5. Take more and better photographs**
4. Use more pretentious French, German and Latin phrases in everyday speech. I already use some, but I believe I could use more.
3. Lose weight**
2. Wear a tie underneath sweaters
1. Write a novel. (Seriously.)

These are not all of them. I have some other resolutions I can't tell you about.

** Denotes also a resolution in 2009.

No comments: