Saturday, January 01, 2011

Resolutions, 2011

10. Get freelance work.***

9. Finish 2666.
This will be easy because it is freaking awesome and I am already 350 pages in. But it is very long, and I’m always reading more than one thing, so I am making it a resolution. Also, I sort of feel like this must be completed before June 17.

8. Make more audio stories.***

7. Continue to write fiction and send stories to literary journals.
I would say “get something published,” but I have been out of the game for a long time. A subcategory of this resolution would be something like “Get familiar with the universe of literary journals, especially online literary journals.”

6. Lose weight.***
This time I have a goal in mind.

5. Find fun and interesting ways to use the Flip camera I got for Christmas.

4. Make my website (www.robertmentzer.com) into something other than the frontpage it is now.
The problem is I don't really know what I want it to be. So this one could be a challenge.

3. Write more emails.
I miss email.

2. Floss.

1. Become a father. Be a good husband and father.


***Denotes also a resolution in 2010.

1 comment:

Andy said...

I want to help with #4, and we should kick some ass on #6.

Good resolutions, all.