Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Best singles of 2011 so far

I feel like this list is really incomplete, still. What am I missing, please?

SINGLES

15. "The Show Goes On," Lupe Fiasco
14. "Just a Kiss," Lady Antebellum
13. "Helplessness Blues," Fleet Foxes
12. "Blow," Ke$ha
11. "Getting Ready for Christmas Day," Paul Simon
10. "Born This Way," Lady Gaga
9. "Trouble on My Mind," Pusha-T feat. Tyler, the Creator
8. "Remind Me," Brad Paisley feat. Carrie Underwood
7. “E.T.,” Katy Perry
6. "Gucci Gucci," Kreayshawn
5. "I Hate Myself," Lil B
4. "Calgary," Bon Iver
3. "Rolling in the Deep," Adele
2. "Yonkers," Tyler the Creator
1. "Till the World Ends," Britney Spears. (See my review here. Extraordinary for its total hypnotic emptiness.)

3 comments:

Saxdrop said...

I strongly endorse "Rope" by Foo Fighters.

Saxdrop said...

Oh, and "Just Don't" by Raphael Saadiq. In fact that whole "Stone Rollin'" album is on my best of 2011 list.

Anonymous said...

I endorse "China in the Time of The Boogie Electric Farakhan" by the Rockin' Locobots.